DEAR HELLO RECESS READERS, we’re on the prowl for a new team member and we’re looking right at you. You’re witty (maybe even snarky) and think play time isn’t just for kids…what better place for us to find a new sharp-as-a-whip team member then from among our own terrific readers?
Read all about our newly available position below. If it sounds like we’re reading a page from your book, then send us your resume and let’s chat…
ON THE HUNT:
We’re on the hunt for a part-time Editorial Assistant to support our team with speed and style. Your role will involve the support of Hello Recess’ day-to-day editorial calendar with technical, graphic design, photo, and copy editing skills. Duties include assisting with photos and design (Photoshop skills are a must, photographer skills are a bonus), building stories, social media support, some light writing, plus working with our editorial team to execute both content production and overall growth for 2015. This position may parlay into a full-time position.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proficient in Photoshop, preferably 2-3 years experience.
- Strong writing skills and impeccable grammar.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- An organized self-starter with the ability to foresee needs.
- A sucker for stellar design, with an eye for detail.
- Familiar with trends and common practices on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media outlets.
- Efficient, fast-paced, able to multi-task and adapt at a moment’s notice.
- A results-oriented problem solver with a take-charge kind of attitude – you’re the kind of person who looks for solutions.
- A team player who thinks in terms of “we” – we are a small team and highly collaborative.
HERE’S HOW TO LET US KNOW:
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Editorial Assistant Application.” Please send: your resume, a brief description of who you are and why you think you are the best candidate to join Hello Recess, plus a list of your three favorite blogs, resources, or inspirations. We are hiring immediately. It’s great if you are based in the Los Angeles area but we’re open to remote applicants too. We can’t wait to hear from you!