As luck would have it, St. Patrick’s Day is full of kid-friendly themes (green! leprechauns! shamrocks!). Here are a couple of craft ideas to make the most of the holiday at home.
St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pops
These pretzel pops from Close to Home mean you can skip measuring and mixing (and most of the mess!) and go straight to the fun part: helping little hands decorate.
What You’ll Need
- 1 bag yogurt or white chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Green or white chocolate discs
- Green or white sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks (white paper preferred)
- Place chocolate discs evenly spaced on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2-5 minutes until slightly melted. Insert lollipop stick.
- Add three pretzels to form a shamrock shape.
- Add another chocolate disc to the top, then decorate with sprinkles.
For more detailed instructions and the original post, head to Close to Home.
Photo by Close to Home
St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold
Make your own luck and piles of gold with this sweet project from Create Craft Love.
What You’ll Need:
- Mini terracotta pot(s)
- Black acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- Gold glitter
- Shamrock sticker or vinyl cut-out
- Gold-wrapped Rolo candies
- Paint pot black using a sponge brush.
- Apply Mod Podge to the inside and outside lip of the pot, then add gold glitter.
- Attach sticker or vinyl cut-out to the front of the pot; apply more Mod Podge and gold glitter, then remove the sticker or cut-out.
- Let dry, then fill with candy!
For more detailed instructions and the original post, head to Create Craft Love.
Photo by Create Craft Love