The sun is shining and the air is warm. It’s the perfect time of year to embrace our planet, so celebrate Mother Earth on April 22nd with these five outdoor activities.
- Pack a picnic lunch with your little helpers, and head to your favorite nearby park. Once you’re through with lunch, take a fun and educational walk or hike.
- Pitch a kid-friendly tent—whether you’re spending the night in your backyard or taking an afternoon nap under the clouds, it’ll give you a whole new appreciation for the great outdoors. Little Brave Ones has great tents for the outdoors or inside!
- Go on a rainbow scavenger hunt. It’s an ideal way to explore the neighborhood, and a good opportunity to learn about local flora and fauna.
- Let little ones collect stray pine cones, and make your own bird feeders with just peanut butter and bird seed. String ‘em up, then stand back and watch the hungry birds fly in!
- Have the kids collect old pizza boxes, and invite the neighbors over for a solar cookout. These resourceful solar cookers will get families out of the kitchen, and renew interest in recycling.