Igloo Cakes and Penguin Gum Drops
If you passed on the classic gingerbread house this year because you didn’t have time then this is the project for you! This adorable scene from Crafts a la Mode is reminiscent of Happy Feet, and is made entirely from pre-made ingredients.
What You’ll Need:
Cake Batter (Boxed or Scratch)
Donuts (Store Bought)
Toothpick, Paper and Pen (Optional)
- Pour cake batter into small bowls or ramekins, so that when turned upside down they’ll be domed.
- Slice donuts in half; once cake has cooled, frost both cake and donuts with white frosting.
- Assemble igloos: Press one half donut onto the front of each cake dome.
- Assemble penguins: Cut bottom off a black gum drop; stack on top of another black gum drop.
- Cut the top off a white gum drop, and stick it onto the bottom black gum drop to form the penguin’s white tummy.
- Cut a wedge out of an orange gum drop, and attached to the top black gum drop to form the penguin’s beak.
For more detailed instructions and the original post, head to Crafts a la Mode.
Photo by Crafts a la Mode